Not looking for a typical office gig? Passionate about joining a team that has actually changed the way an industry works? We’re looking for someone who's interested in jumping in with both feet to impact how the live event industry operates and help us deliver killer solutions for the likes of Ed Sheeran, Beyoncé, or the Vegas Golden Knights, and pretty much any significant live act in between. As a key member of our Finance team, your skills will be called into play across a broad spectrum of activities. We are looking for someone to help solve problems that you may not have faced in your career, but you have the technical skills and “figure it out” attitude to solve. You will be responsible for all things accounting and help from time to time with general operational support. We are small enough where we all help one another and growing at a crazy pace. We hope you have a passion for our industry and excited about the opportunity to be a part of it!
The Rolling Stones, Beyoncé, Ed Sheeran, Travis Scott, Post Malone, Ariana Grande, Guns ‘N Roses, and thousands more of the world’s top artists and their teams depend on atVenu to manage their concert merchandise sales. We’ve expanded our live event platform and point of sale into some of the world’s most iconic venues and festivals and are now rapidly expanding into food and beverage and growing our presence around the world.
You’re at the top of your technical game for your experience level and want to be part of a small, tight-knit, high-performing team working in a unique and fun industry! You’re excited to make an immediate impact by offering the experience you have with at least a few of our core technologies. You have an eye for quality and a desire to learn and improve with a nimble, pragmatic approach towards your day-to-day work.
It’s fun! We have a great team of passionate, dedicated individuals that when put together move mountains and have changed the way an entire industry operates. We’ve accomplished a lot in a relatively small period of time thanks to the incredible people that make up the company and the positive energy within it.
We have a solid foundation with strong revenue growth year-over-year and the largest customers in the industry. These critical customers rely on us to solve their problems which continues to create more and more opportunity at a very fast pace! We’re large enough to have very solid footing as a company, platform, and industry partner while still small enough in size for you to make an important impact with your expertise and enthusiasm.
We strongly believe and support balance in your life, without it both work and personal time suffer. We take very serious our role in fostering an environment for you to achieve your definition of success and purpose. We want you to achieve whatever goals you have and want you to have fun in the process. Our customers love us, we love them, we’re making really cool stuff, we’re solving big problems, we have a ton of growth ahead of us… so come hang!
• Responsible for all aspects of accounting and ensuring accuracy, adherence to deadlines, and compliance with proper accounting rules and regulations
• Produce consolidated financial statements across multiple locations (US and Canada)
• Evaluate, implement and streamline policies, procedures and controls as we actively expand in our current markets and abroad
• Work with Stripe and Braintree (PayPal) to reconcile month-end activity including processing volumes, chargebacks and various withholdings
• Initiate ACH/Wire transfers to vendors and customers
• Prepare monthly invoices to our large enterprise customers and monitor Accounts Receivables
• Assist with management of company health insurance plans and implementation of additional employee benefit programs for both of our US and Canadian employees• Work diligently with outside accounting firm to complete tax returns for our US and Canadian entities
• Assist in preparing financial statements for Board of Director presentations
• Assists in risk management, including managing the business insurance renewal process and assisting customers with any business insurance related requests
• Assist CFO with treasury related matters including maintaining an 8-week look ahead cash forecast and manage the movement of cash to our Canadian entity
• Prepare ad hoc reports and assist with special projects as needed
• Manage/process employee expense reports through Expensify to ensure reimbursements are timely and in accordance with our policies and procedures
• Manage fixed assets and ensure proper accounting/treatment of the expenditures
• Assist with artist / venue payouts from shows including withholdings for security deposits, equipment rental and reimbursement for shipping
• Assist in implementation of atVenu Payments, which includes processing EFT’s between our customers using Stripe’s payment platform
• Responsible for recording and paying all applicable sales taxes (US and Canadian taxes)
Some other highlights to note:
Founded in 2012, atVenu is the world’s leading Live Event Merchandise platform used at over 125,000 shows each year to manage merch sales for Artist Tours, Venues, and Festivals in every major market. From beginning bands to stadium touring Artists, to events with 100,000attendees, atVenu provides the tools industry professionals trust and rely onto manage their businesses.
San Clemente, CA
Send a note to careers@atVenu.com describing your Ideal position with us, along with your resume and links to example work that you're proud of. If you're just starting out, show us some schoolwork. Can't wait to hear from ya!