About The Job:
Not looking for a typical office gig? Passionate about joining a team that has actually changed the way an industry works? We’re looking for someone who's interested in jumping in with both feet to impact how the live event industry operates and help us deliver killer solutions for the likes of Ed Sheeran, Beyoncé, or the Vegas Golden Knights, and pretty much any significant live act in between. We are looking for someone to help solve problems that you may not have faced in your career, but you have the technical skills and “figure it out” attitude to solve.
We have doubled our headcount in the past 12 months and looking to double it again over the next 12 months. This isa hands-on role with an opportunity to directly impact the business through recruiting excellence and scalable best practices. Additionally, you will head up all employee relations and human resource policies, programs and practices to enable our business to scale, our managers to lead, our employees to grow, and our product to excel. We hope you have a passion for our industry and excited about the opportunity to be a part of it!
Who We Are & What We Do:
atVenu was founded in 2012 and has taken the merchandise industry by storm. Our hardware and software platform now boasts over 10,000 artists and we annually help those artists manage more than 100,000 shows a year. We are the industry standard platform for the live music business with clients such as Warner Music Group, Live Nation, AEG, Universal Music Group, Sony Music Group, and more and are moving into adjacent markets fast!
Our products and solutions have helped artists, festivals, and venues sell merch and manage the chaos of live events and improve their bottom lines. Whether it’s helping with the day-to-day inventory of merch, providing a platform to collect payments, helping fans buy their favorite event shirt from their phones, or equipping teams with the hardware and setup requirements to allow an event to run smoothly, atVenu is dedicated to ensuring our customers have robust technology that “just works” in the most demanding environments.
Why Come Work For Us?
It’s fun! We have a great team of passionate, dedicated individuals that when put together move mountains and have changed the way an entire industry operates. We’ve accomplished a lot in a relatively small period of time thanks to the incredible people that make up the company and the positive energy within it.
We have a solid foundation with strong revenue growth year-over-year and the largest customers in the industry. These critical customers rely on us to solve their problems which continues to create more and more opportunity at a very fast pace! We’re large enough to have very solid footing as a company, platform, and industry partner while still small enough in size for you to make an important impact with your expertise and enthusiasm.
We strongly believe and support balance in your life, without it both work and personal time suffer. We take very serious our role in fostering an environment for you to achieve your definition of success and purpose. We want you to achieve whatever goals you have and want you to have fun in the process. Our customers love us, we love them, we’re making really cool stuff, we’re solving big problems, we have a ton of growth ahead of us… so come hang!
What You'll Be Doing:
- As Head of Talent and HR Relations, you will partner closely with our technical team to design and execute recruiting strategies and programs that support our business as it scales
- Build a progressive talent pipeline with an emphasis on top diverse talent
- Lead the vision for a world-class onboarding program to accelerate learning, buildout company values practices, and deepen employee engagement experiences that are unique to our culture
- Think creatively and bring an innovation framework to talent acquisition
- Utilize best practices to ensure streamlined, effective, and high-quality services are delivered, and provide regular recruitment metrics and report on progress
- atVenu’s software development team has evolved to a hybrid in-office/remote team post-pandemic. Partner with leaders to imagine and realize the continued evolution of an innovative workplace while maintaining the culture aligned with our mission and values. Develop engaging experiences to bring remote teams together that embraces our culture as we grow
- Develop an externally-facing Employer Brand strategy that showcases what it’s like to work at atVenu, to assist in recruiting top talent
- Own Employee Relations including partnering with management on coaching, counseling and disciplinary matters. Interact with management teams and employees to identify and address any concerns as they arise
- Partner with executive team to ensure compliance on all required HR laws and regulations (e.g., employee handbook, compliance training, etc)
- Develop a thoughtful employee engagement survey to assess any potential employee-experience opportunities
Your Experience & Skills
- Successful experience in recruiting top talent, preferably in a tech company
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to provide clarity on recruiting vision, strategy, and status to key partners
- A candidate-focused mentality and passion for crafting an astonishing candidate experience with the ability to balance the needs of the hiring manager with those of the business
- Effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority; must be able to prioritize and support an environment driven by customer service and team work; strong trouble-shooting and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong understanding of industry trends and best practices, as well as a deep understanding of compliance and regulatory requirements
- Ability to be highly productive and influential in a fast-paced environment and balance longer-term strategic initiatives with more immediate priorities
- Works with a “no job too big or small” attitude
- Handing and being exposed to sensitive and/or confidential material
- Willing to have fun while you work – we listen to music all day in the office!
- Competitive compensation in a supportive, team-based work environment
- Ticket allowance for attending your choice of live events (concerts, festivals, etc)
- Gadget budget for items that enhance your entertainment enjoyment or technical curiosity such as headphones, home speakers, audio equipment, computer or gaming equipment, etc.
- 100% company paid health benefits including health insurance, vision and dental [note: TBD Canada]
- Annual bonus program and equity participation via incentive stock option plan
- Company sponsored training and professional development
Send an email to careers@atVenu.com