Coachella, BottleRock, TheRolling Stones, Beyoncé, Ed Sheeran, Ariana Grande, Guns ‘N Roses, and thousands more of the world’s top Artists, Festivals, and Venues depend on atVenu to manage their live event operations and commerce.
We’re looking for help with UI/UX. An intermediate to senior level person who can shape the UI/UX process and experience for our current and upcoming product offerings. The heart of atVenu is ensuring we solve our customer’s problems, as elegantly and easily as possible. That starts with great design and user experiences.
- Work with the team to engage in full-cycle UX/UI from concept, prototype, design, to presentation of recommendations. This is inclusive of sketches, flow diagrams, wire frames, mockups and/or prototypes of features that serve different user segments.
- Collaborate across UI/UX,Product Management, Creative Design, Development and QA to Prototype, design and present solutions that solve business and user problems.
- Use and leverage metrics to drive product design and measure product success.
- Conduct user interviews, usability testing, and analysis to familiarize yourself with the market.
- Help maintain and contribute to design systems and guidelines that ensure consistency and scalability across the product
- Coach and mentor the team, developers and product managers on a variety of ux/ui best practices
- Travel to festivals, venues, and shows to observe new features in the wild and support our customers
Required Education, Experience & Competencies:
- 8+ years with UI/UX designing and implementing. SaaS experience a bonus.
- Have a great eye and feel for user experience - you know when something is too complicated and have a knack for knowing what 1 or 2 paradigms will most likely work to solve a problem
- Be practical to ensure our business objectives are met - knowing the right level of best practices to apply, while also ensuring our delivery goals are met is key!
- A portfolio showing UX problem solving and great UI design.
- Experience with modern wire framing tools (Figma, Sketch etc.) and the willingness to adopt new tools as needed.
- Strong understanding of app and web technologies.
- Experience working with lean and agile processes and methodologies
- Humility, plus strong opinions that are loosely held.
- Bonus: Coding ability to implement prototypes and solutions (HTML,CSS and Figma experience)
- Have impact immediately and become a critical part of a fast growing company
- A chance to see some great live events and work in an industry that touches every person on the planet
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and vacation time
This is a hybrid position and is based out of our Calgary, AB office.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees, members and partners.
Send an email to careers@atVenu.com