Founded in 2012, atVenu is the world’s leading platform powering merch, food, and beverage sales at live music events. Used by more than 10,000 artists and deployed at more than 125,000 shows each year, atVenu’s hardware and software platforms are present in every major market. The company’s robust technology performs in the most demanding of environments, creating a seamless experience for talent, events, venues and fans alike. The company is a long-term trusted partner to the world’s largest concert promoters, Live Nation and AEG, and to all three major record labels - Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment and Warner Music Group; at the same time, atVenu empowers independent artists and small venues with simple plug and play solutions for managing POS and mobile merch sales, inventory and reporting. As such, atVenu helps fans support their favorite artists from Ed Sheeran and Beyoncé, to the rising local band.
The company is also known for its compelling corporate culture and has attracted a loyal cadre of A-list players. atVenu’s collaborative, innovative environment has very low turnover and attracts employees who value the opportunity to help drive the growth of the company while simultaneously maximizing their own career trajectories. The company is responding to market demand, expanding its offerings, customer base, team and influence, and is already successfully moving into other live entertainment sectors including performing arts and sports.
We are an organization that is full of talented people who are capable of wearing multiple hats. In fact, this is a trademark of any growing organization, which we are! While the primary focus of our Payroll & Benefits Specialist role is payroll and benefits, there is a requirement for the successful incumbent to take on some executive support and HR Coordinator tasks as well. Don't let these additional duties deter you from having interest in the role. It is a role full of possibility.
Payroll & Benefits:
- Accountable for creating and maintaining scalable and compliant payroll processes and systems in Canada and the United States.
- Process semi-monthly payroll for 60+ Canadian and US based employees on a timely and accurate basis.
- Research and provide counsel on compliant payroll practices as they pertain to regular pay, bonuses and other earnings, and protected/personal leaves within Canada and the US.
- Produce payroll and HR reports following each pay cycle and as required.
- Administer employee benefit programs, within Canada and the US.
- Respond to employee inquiries related to benefits, including explaining plan details and answering questions about coverage.
- Coordinate with benefit plan vendors and third-party administrators to resolve issues and ensure accurate and timely processing of claims.
- Maintain accurate records of employee data and benefit enrollments.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of employee communications related to benefits and payroll.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and ensure the security of employee data.
- Book travel/accommodations for members of the executive team.
- Executive scheduling support & calendar management.
- Consolidate and submit expenses for the executive team.
- Assist with board meeting preparation (booking meeting spaces, meals, communication).
- Plan corporate/team functions and events.
- Create and maintain electronic employee files.
- Conduct background/reference checks for new hires.
- Maintain employee letter templates and prepare offer, employment change and termination letters.
- Support the development and implementation of HR/payroll policies and systems.
Required Education, Experience & Competencies:
- Ideally, two years post-secondary education in the Certified Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or Level 1 & 2 from the National Payroll Institute or be actively working toward the designation. As well, successful PCP candidates must maintain their professional designation by meeting the annual Continuing Professional Education (CPE) requirements set out by the Institute.
- Will consider extensive experience in the absence of education.
- Minimum of 3-5 years as a payroll/benefits specialist supporting both Canada and the US.
- Exposure to the selection and implementation of a payroll/HRIS system.
- Highly effective verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with a high ‘give a care’ factor.
- Proven ability to research legislation/compliance requirements, apply logic and thought and apply learnings to internal processes/practices.
- Is system savvy; knows how to navigate payroll/HRIS systems to maximize efficiencies.
- Capable of setting priorities and managing multiple projects with minimal supervision, may it be independently or as an A level team player.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees, members and partners.
Send an email to careers@atVenu.com